We had another exciting day today! Students were given the opportunity to choose a novel about a different culture. There are small groups of students reading the same books. Each night, students will read a part of their book and be responsible for writing a short reflective paragraph on Google Docs about what they read. Since everyone reading the same book will be contributing to this, it is important that students add their own individual thoughts and add onto others, but they may not change anything someone else has written. All books must be completed by May 10 (Diversity Day!)
I also went over the guidelines for the major project due Diversity Day. Students are to interview a family member who can share insight about the family heritage. They have guidelines of questions to ask and they must come up with three questions on their own. The guidelines for this project can be viewed here. If students would like to type the answers directly into this document, click "File" and then "Make a Copy". Then you have the freedom to edit this document.
I know that all families are different so I do not expect family trees to look exactly alike. Use the information you know to make a visual representation of your special family.
The students were very excited to work on these assignments and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing everyone's great work! Diversity Day should be a lot of fun for everyone involved!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment